Friday, September 4, 2026

UE5/Perforce Basics

 UE5/Perforce Basics



For this assignment, I download two Unreal projects from Perforce. I created my own Tech Art folder in Perforce, then duplicated the Tech Art Basics project into my folder. One asset from the Fantasy House Project was migrated into my folder, and then flags and rocks were migrated into my project from the UE5 FIEA Account. I finally submitted the project into Perforce. I did encounter a lot of issues while doing the assignment. When I first migrated the Fantasy House assets into the project, I encountered a weird bug where the asset showed up in the project, but when i tried to add it to perforce it said the asset did not exist. I had to revert the files to fix this. However, this somehow broke the Unreal Editor and it stopped working. I managed to fix the editor by revalidating the files. It took a while for it to revalidate though, around one hour. After a struggle, I managed to pull thorough and get it submitted to perforce!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Animation State Machines

  Animation State Machines For this assignment, I was tasked with creating a state machine for a character in Unreal. I took a character fro...